The Ag Guide Australian Native Bees. It covers a fair bit, there’s a lot about Solitary Bees where most other books are all about Stingless Bees. My books have just arrived and look pretty good. It may share a little information with Tim Heards book as he had some input but if you’re a crazy bee person and like all kinds of natives then it’s still a great and informative book to have.
“Combining the substantial expertise of many of Australia’s leading native bee researchers, this book is a guide to observing and keeping Australia’s broad range of native bee species.”
Table of contents:
- Bee biology and behaviour
- Bees as pollinators
- Agricultural beescapes
- native bees for pollination services
- Urban bee ecology
- Creating artificial nest sites for Australian solitary and semi-social bees
- Bee identification
- Stingless bees
- Capturing, photographing and classifying bees
- Bee biosecurity
- FAQ about Australian native bees
The new books are available from the Department of Primary Industries – NSW – $35 each plus postage.